My women's magazine has a weekly column about herbs. The daily paper also gives advice about natural remedies. But the advice is often confusing and conflicting. Who should I believe?

The advice on herbs given in the media ranges widely in quality and accuracy. You should always check the article to see if it has been written by, or with the help of, a professional herbalist.

For example, a professionally trained herbalist may have the letters MNIMH (Member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists) or MCCP (Member of the College of Phytotherapists) after their name. If you are in any doubt, seek the advice of a professional herbalist in your area.

[Back to FAQ] [Home]

© Copyright Alton & James 2014